Tuesday 27 September 2011

New attitude to time management

I'm back from a lovely but exhausting weekend away.  My daughter has decided that she loves Massey university and is keen to do the horticulture programme there.  So it was well worth the trip.






 It was a time for me to also reflect and have to time to re evaluate where I am going in my life especially in my art work.  My life seems to run away into now where.  I feel I am often just chasing my tale and not really accomplishing much.  So after attending a time management for farming women workshop last week I decided it was time to look at how I use my time.  The principles of the evening where to make goals and then plan your time to meet these goals.  It was a very simple and efficient way to organise time. 



I spent a bit of time thinking through what I want in my life.  I have decided on these goals

  • To continue drawing everyday in my sketchbook
  • To practice machine quilting 2 times a week
  • To spend time playing and experimenting with equipment I already have in my studio.

I am going to try to also
  • To exercise  daily so I have more energy to work at my art
  • To listen to an play music daily to re energise my soul
  • To study the scriptures more to re energize my spirit

My family and I are going to try
  • Spend a little more time together
  • I am going to have a date with my husband at least 1 time a fortnight (rather than monthly)
  • To be more organised at home so I can get on with my art more

I know this will not be easy but it will be worth it.



When I started to place appointments and purposeful planning to meet these goals I found that I have a few pockets of time I can use to improve relationships and improve my art.  Evaluating time this way has helped me to see how well I think through what I do and how well I take time to rest and to re charge. 

Now all I have to do is stick to my plan!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Catherine, this sounds wonderful and of course is inspiration for me to try to get control of my own craziness. xx Dion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's only theory though :) Day one hasn't gone to well with 2 sick kids. Ah well another day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...