Friday 30 March 2012

Photography: My wee dog

Last week I was given the awful news that my wee little dog has probable Leukemia and is in the stages of progressive heart failure.  She is also deaf and has cataracts.  It shouldn't have been such a surprise as she is 13 1/2 years old but it was.  She has been part of my life for so long that I can't imagine life without her.  (These photos are from throughout her life so not all of these are taken recently.)



Kara is a King Charles cavalier Spaniel with the most gentle and wonderful temperament. She has never bitten or growled at anyone until lately and that was how I knew something was wrong.






She has always been a truly happy wee dog who has given love to every one no matter what.  She has always seemed to find a way to comfort those around her and give them support as needed.  Dogs are so wonderful for that.




She has eyes that make you melt and feel so sorry for her that she hasn't had a pat lately or hasn't had a cuddle. 


My kids have really enjoyed her and hve really loved her a great deal.


I am probably going to have to make a decision soon on whether we need to have her put to sleep and it breaks my heart to think about it.  I know what is best for her but I love her so much it is hard to make choice like this.


Life's choices can be difficult sometimes.  Even when I know what is a right choice is, it really doesn't make it any easier.


I am enjoying the moments I have left with her and enjoying the cuddles. I am quietly thanking God for letting her be in my life and for the blessing she is.
 

3 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you and your family. It is so hard to lose a pet. I have had one put down at age ten and another died in my arms at age fourteen. Either way is a struggle for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, it's so hard to lose a pet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Catherine. I know what it's like to loose a pet.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...