Thursday 25 July 2013

Live now

I have woken up today so grateful and thankful for my family.  I am so grateful for my children and hubby.  I feel blessed to have them in my life.  I am grateful to have my mum still present in my life.  She is such a blessing to me and my family.  Her, my dad and my youngest sister are all moving down to Te Awamutu next week.  It willl be so lovely to have them close to me.

Today is my normal sketchbook page day but I felt like breaking slightly from tradition to pay tribute to a friend of mine who passed away yesterday following a battle with cancer.  She is younger than me and has a older teenage son and an 11 year old who was a good friend of my son. She was a wonderful woman so gracious and beautiful.



She was wonderful to work with and a delight to be around.  She and I shared  many times of laughter and love together.  I am so grateful to have known her and to have had a chance to be her friend.  My heart is sad not for her as she is now free from pain but for her family left behind.  I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be for them.  My prayers and love go out to them all.



It is at times like these I realise how fragile life is and that we should never live with regrets, lost opportunities,  or forgotten dreams.  We need to create our lives into something worthwhile,
something special and something we can be proud of.  We need to leave a legacy of love to everyone in our lives to carry on for future generations.


Life is meant to be lived and needs to be lived.  We cannot live in what if's, maybes or behind fear of what could come.  We need to live now, in the present and be all we are meant to be.  Just like my friend.  We need to take time to spend with those significant people in our lives and to value what time we have.  God bless xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...