Tuesday 15 April 2014

My sewing machine actually got used for something other than quilting this week

It has been a week full of sewing. But unfortunately it has not been any quilting.  I have been having a week of catching up on all those jobs that have to be done but I never like to do.  I.E. Mending, altering curtains and altering clothes.  

Although they are jobs that I really do not enjoy it feels good to have full length curtains at my window all ready for the winter,  clothes that are no longer holey or falling to bits and trousers that actually fit me (I have a short leg problem :)) My closet looks fantastic.  I have chucked out all the clothes that were past it, too small or one that I am just over.  I feel like I have a closet full of new clothes.  I also feel like I have a new house with my new curtains up. 

I had purchased the longest ready made curtains I could find on special.  I bought one extra set of curtains and added material to the bottom of each curtain to make them long enough for my very tall windows.  This way I was able to get curtains for all 4 bedrooms and hallway for the same price as it would have cost for one room.



Close up op the curtain fabric.




Before in my room 


After. 





Before in the boys room.  Note there was only one curtain that pulled all the way across



After.  A full length pair of curtains.  I could only photograph one side as I couldn't find the other one due to some busy 'playing' in their room. 


Hallway curtains before



After.  I added a strip of contrasting fabric to lengthen the curtains that I found on special.

I just have to adjust one more set for the last bedroom and I am all done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...