Wednesday 25 June 2014

When one thing breaks down, everything does!

The freezer broke down yesterday, so today's 
job is cooking up everything that defrosted. 
This is has come hot on the heels of the dishwasher and dryer breaking down and our microwave, washing machine and vacuum cleaner all making funny noises. It seems to happen in a 7 years cycle and always when money is a little tight.



"One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment... If it doesn't turn out right, we can modify it as we go along." 

-- Franklin D. Roosevelt 


So last night everything that could fit in the other freezer and that could be re frozen went into the big freezer.  We are washing dishes by hand and drying clothes in racks, lines, in front of the fire and in the hot water cupboard. Today I'm making soup, shredded chicken, steak and kidney pie,  and casserole. 


"Like a welcome summer rain, humour may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you." 

-- Langston Hughes 


As I was contemplating yet another challenge this week my sense of humour peeked through.  I thought about the Disney film 'Frozen' and the song 'Let it go'   and thought how apt that today........ Sigh!  

Even with the best hopes in the world we just can't change some thing in life.  All we can do is 'Let it go'  and move on. My plan today was to carry on painting a fabulous new art work called 'In his image' but that ain't happening today.  


I will only get to look at my sketch :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...