Tuesday 8 July 2014

Art inspiration: Jill Ricci

I am so inspired by the world I live and other in our world who create beautiful works of art. Artist Jill Ricci is truly inspiring. Her work has wonderful feel and rhythm to it.  Her art has so many layers to it and so much to look at.  It has me coming back for more and seeing more each time I view it.



champion1_sized

Jill explains her work this way: "One of the most arresting visuals for me is an old wall layered with papers, graffiti, and text- our modern hieroglyphics. I try to re-create this beauty in my work, the layers of time and decay are what interest me. I hope that the person viewing my work will linger, trying to discover hidden imagery and text and depending on their life experience, find their own meaning or interpretation." 

Here is more about her work.


Solitude_36x48_sized

Her work reminds me of old fragments of quilts re purposed and made into new works of art.  It speaks to me of times gone by and time to come all beautifully integrated together to make something whole and new. 


OpenYourEyes_30x40_sized


By looking at others work our own art work can evolve into something new.  One part of Jill's work that I want to incorporate into my work is the layers of textures which add a wealth of interest and somewhere for the eye to rest and explore.  To see more of her work visit her gallery here

You could ask these questions as you view other work. 
  • What inspires you from their work?
  • What idea from their work could you use in your work? maybe it is the layering,  textures.  the use of colour or the great use of text.
  • What do you feel when you look at the person's work?  


By asking questions like these when exploring other artist work not only do we appreciate the work more but we also find ways to add more in the work we create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...