Thursday 28 May 2015

Getting text onto fabric.

I just had to show you this neat way to get photos and text onto fabric.  

At the moment I am experimenting with different techniques for my series on families. I have been painting,  printing,  cutting, pasting and drawing.  While looking for ways to get text onto fabric I came across these 2 great tutorials.  They don't need any chemicals (which I love)   And are very simple effective and easy ways to get print onto fabric.  

The first tutorial Is a freezer paper method.  Print onto the freezer paper then press onto dampened fabric.  I have tried doing this into damp paint and it works brilliantly and even better it seems water proof.  


The flowers to the left and the text have been printed on this sample using the first method.

P.S.  Print out text backwards other wise you get mirror writing on the quilt top.






The second tutorial is a technique I have been working with for a while.  Just one word of caution trim off all loose threads other wise it can jam up the printer. (not easy to fix)

Fabric Printing DIY


Have fun!!

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. I just want to try printing on cotton fabric for my outfits.wanna use that floral design.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Leave me a message :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...